At Bridgewater Dining we take many steps to make sure that we do our part to protect the environment
- Trayless Dining at ECC and Flynn Dining Commons
- Pre- and post-consumer food waste composting
- Compostable napkins made from >40% post-consumer content
- Recyclable single use containers at The Bear's Den and Crimson
- Recycling bins in The Bear's Den and Crimson
- Napkin dispensers to help reduce napkin consumption
- Single use utensil dispensers to help reduce waste
Food Bank 4 U
We are proud to partner with the Food Bank 4 U Pantry on campus allowing us to assist the BSU community by providing frozen meals and other food items. For more information click here.
Choose to Reuse
New in Spring 2019 is our reusable to-go program at ECC and Flynn Dining Commons. Here's how it works:
- Pay a 1 time $5 deposit to obtain your reusable to-go container
- Take your container into ECC or Flynn and fill it up! If it closes you are good to go!
- Bring your container back. If you want to take your meal to go we'll provide you with a clean container; if you want to dine in, we'll give you a carabiner to swap out for a container the next time you want your meal to go.
- Towards the end of each semester, bring your gently used container or carabiner back and we'll return your $5 deposit to your CONNECT Card in Dining Dollars
Our New England location means access to some of the freshest, most delicious and responsibly sourced fish and seafood possible. Red's Best™, is committed to distributing freshly caught seafood for small, local and independent fishermen. Supporting a vital fishing industry and tradition in New England. You can find Red's Best seafood being served at The Bear's Den every Friday.
We are committed to offering quality, fresh, healthy and locally sourced ingredients. Some of our local farm partners are Wilson Farms (Lexington, MA), Joe Czajkowski Farm (Hadley, MA), Steere Orchards (Greenville, RI). To see what's local today check out our Local Boards in Flynn Dining Commons as well as East Campus Commons.
For more information on our sustainability efforts and initaitives please talk to one of our managers or fill out the feedback form.